The one year course begins with a two week orientation, designed for the students to get to know each other and their leaders, as well as allowing them to seek God about the year ahead.
The year is then broken up into three terms.
First Term – Solid Foundations Phase
The emphasis in the first term is on intense theoretical training covering the different areas of business and what it means to be effective within the marketplace.
Second Term – Apprenticeship Phase
The second term continues to build on the theoretical training received in the first term, whilst becoming more practical in nature. Through a combination of individual and group challenges, students have the opportunity to begin to put into practice the skills and principles learnt in the first term.
Students are also able to gain experience working alongside well-established business people or within industries of specific interest to them.
Third Term – Enterprise Phase
In the third term each student will have the opportunity to start their own business or become involved with an existing small business, learning how to be an effective team member contributing to its growth.
The main areas of a business to be covered over the year include:
- Purpose: Why and What, Motives and Meaning
- Vision: Where and When, Dreams and Goals
- Strategy: Who and How, the Plan and Team
- Vision and Pioneering
- Key Principles to Work and Money
- Holistic Health (Physical, Emotional, Social and Financial)
- Generating a Business Plan
- Project Management
- Project Planning
- Know Your Strengths, Staff Your Weaknesses
- Information Technology
- Production and Services
- Design and Branding
- Online marketing: Websites, Social Media
- Accounts and Finance
- Human Resources
- Customer Services
- Leadership Training School
- Principles of Public Speaking
- Teamwork and Mentors
- Understanding the UK Business: History and Culture, Export & Import, Service Sector and Growth Areas